Product Manager Hearing Protection
Reports to: Managing Director
You are the initiator of new products and product variants and will be co-driving the product assortment and roadmap. This includes products, product packaging, manuals, datasheets and various marketing- and POS materials. You will be leading and otherwise participating in the product development and release process. During these processes you will keep all stakeholders informed and you will facilitate product launches.
By conducting desk-research, attending trade shows and by visiting business partners, you maintain a high level of market- and product knowledge as well as knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. The organisation will be informed by you in a structured manner and you will translate your knowledge to product requirements and into adaptation of documentation and policies.
• Actively engage with the sales organisation to understand market acceptance, support in developing sales plans, and to get and understanding of developments needed to improve the product(portfolio).
• Develop sales argumentation, product features and benefits, and product launch toolkits.
• Provide and support internal and external product trainings.
• Manage product life cycle, including phase-in & out.
• Support in setting pricing and initiate price changes when needed.
• Create detailed requirements and work closely with R&D to guide the product development phase in content, timing, quality etc.
• Steer and monitor the product release process in conjunction with the R&D and Sales department.
• Conduct and evaluate tests (field or other) where needed.
• Play an active role in finding and selecting new suppliers for components, packagings etc.
• Support in creating the company strategy plans with market analyses and product-market combinations.
• Initiate and coordinate product certification with accreditation companies.
• Responsible for the article master data in SAP; initiate creation of article codes, Bill of Materials and production steps.
• Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
• Coordinate planning and organisation of exhibition attendance.
• Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.
• Carry out other duties as requested by senior management.
Relationships and Roles:
Internal / External Cooperation
• Support the sales department in developing their markets by maintaining a high-quality level of presentations, product-and market information and occasionally by joint customer visits.
• Time Internal: 80%, external: 20%
• Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
• Always present DEC as professional, efficient, business competent and as an excellent partner for all accounts in all channels to work with.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in marketing and product management
• Affinity with hearing protection and/or Personal Protection Equipment.
• Team player with project management capabilities.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization
• Fluency in English and preferably Dutch, a 3rd European language is welcome
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office (especially Excel).
• Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
• Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals.
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality product development. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, sympathetic to other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel occasionally. Keen for new experience, responsible and accountable for all aspects of their business. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understand the principles of Product Management, Sales and Marketing, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling etc. Appreciation for consistency within company's product portfolio.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g. gross margin percentages and calculations. Must be a competent writer of product descriptions, manuals, presentations and POS materials.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be a good communicator. Prior experience in defining and managing product roadmaps, business case analysis, customer presentations etc. Able to demonstrate success and experience in product management and experience in working in conjunction with sales , marketing and R&D teams.
Education: Higher educated or university in economics and/or marketing.
Based in Delft, The Netherlands Dynamic Ear Company (DEC) develops and manufactures innovative hearing protection and sound management solutions for motorsports, musicians, industry, military and leisure and almost every application where loud sounds can cause permanent hearing damage. DEC filter technology changed the hearing protection industry by providing unprecedented ‘flat attenuation” in universal fit solutions. This allows users to hear sounds in a natural, safe way.
DEC products include flat attenuation filters, industrial filters, universal hearing protection automatic variable mechatronic filters, balanced armature earphones and accessories. The DEC products are available through our worldwide network of manufacturers, (Personal Protection Equipment) distributors, audiologists and resellers.
Interested? We are looking forward receiving your CV and Letter of Motivation before March 30, 2020.
You can mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Mr. J.W.F. Meinesz.